Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Help part 2

One day after I finished reading "The Help", I am watching the movie. I can't help feeling that if Lindsay Lohan hadn't gotten into so much trouble, she would have made a great Skeeter. Emma Stone, however, is absolutely perfect in the lead role as are the rest of the cast. Bryce Dallas Howard's turn as Hilly is spot on. I can't wait to finish the movie. When Skeeter is on her first date with Stuart, I know exactly how she feels. I wasn't pretty when I was younger and when I was fixed up for a rare double date, my date would not even try to hide his disinterest in me. When someone treats you like they're forced to be with you and they are not happy about it, it's a feeling you never forget. I feel like Skeeter and I would have been good friends. The level of hipocracy that these characters show is mind-blowing. I've never understood how anyone can look at a person, whatever their race, and not see a human being standing right in front of them. I'm going to go finish the movie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment