Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dolphins

Watched the documentary "The Cove" and needless to say (which is a stupid turn of phrase when you think about it) I was outraged. I cried. I cheered. I spent today online learning as much as I could about the captivity of dolphins and other animals. I've signed on-line petitions and sent a letter to a lab in Kentucky to release the last 21 of it's chimpanzees back into the wild. I did one thing that was very difficult for me. I "unliked" Dolphin Quest on Facebook. Swimming with Kolohei was, besides giving birth to my daughter, the most life affirming moment for me, but knowing that his day to day life is actually filled with stress breaks my heart. Not having a job, I am unable to donate money, but I can get the cyber word out to as many people as possible about the horrors in Taiji, Japan and other places. Until something else is able to fill my time, this is what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment